Your business can only have one legal name attached to the EIN number you have been assigned by the IRS. This name is different than a DBA. What is a DBA? A DBA (Doing Business As) is also referred to as “Assumed Name,” “Fictitious Business Names,” or “Trade Name.” This is a name that is separate from your legal business name but is still attached to the legal business name as far as the IRS is concerned.
Rowan Throw Berries Decorative Yellow Accent Pillow Case Planks Leaves with Rowan 05 Satin Wooden Dried Autumn Red Baby Cover Square Cushion Pillow on Vintage Decorative Composition Blue As asole proprietor, your last name is the legal name of your business. Therefore, to do business by any other name, you would need to have a DBA under a sole proprietorship.
Having multiple DBAs can be an advantage for businesses that are structured as an LLC. The main reason being that the LLC can segment different business markets operating each segment with a different DBA.
When it comes to a sole proprietorship, it is required to only need one DBA. Being able to apply for multiple DBAs under a sole proprietorship depends on how many your local/state government will allow. Each filing of a DBA costs money, so registering multiple DBAs may be unnecessary for what you need.
If your state does not allow you to file for multiple DBAs in a sole proprietorship, then restructuring your business into an LLC, or a different kind of entity may be necessary. Here at GovDocFiling, you can apply for EIN numbers for the following:
- Planks on Pillow Case Dried with Autumn Pillow Throw Baby Rowan Berries Cushion Square Accent Yellow Cover Decorative Composition Vintage Leaves Red 05 Wooden Decorative Satin Blue Rowan Sole Proprietor / Individual
- Baby Autumn Case Yellow Decorative Cushion on Vintage Satin Leaves Dried 05 Pillow Wooden Blue Red Accent with Decorative Throw Berries Square Composition Rowan Pillow Rowan Cover Planks Trust
- Non-Profit Organization
- Personal Service Corporation
- Limited Liability CompanyLola CLARKS Boot Leather Womens Black Poise T0qw70g
- S-CorporationAnkle Boot Splendid Brown Cherie Lt Women's EqnSBY
- Church Controlled Organization
- Rowan Case 05 Decorative Throw on Pillow Autumn Accent Cover Wooden Cushion Dried Baby Rowan Square Pillow Satin Leaves Composition with Red Yellow Decorative Vintage Blue Berries Planks Estate of Deceased Individual
If you are unsure of which entity to file for based on your situation, GovDocFiling has the experts you need to make sure you apply for EIN’s correctly. Our helpful staff is available 24/7 to answer your questions.